Having scar is one of the most frustrating incidents that can happen to anyone, removing them or making them disappear is another story though. Anyone can have scar and can come from various reasons. You can have it through acne that formed in your face during your adolescent period; some had it through a surgery that they went through and others through accidents that scratched their skins which eventually turned into a scar.
Scar removal is one of the things that got its hype in the market nowadays. This is because of the obsession that people got in their quest to remove the scars that they have. Having these scars can actually cause damage not just to a person’s physical appearance but to one’s self-esteem as well. It may have psychological and sociological effect in the long run.
There are several scar treatments that we can choose from. Depending on the type of scar that you have, the time-frame when you want those scars removed and of course the resources that you have. Below are some of the options available for you to have those scars removed:
- Scar Removal Cream – this type of cream is made specifically to reduce the appearance of the scar, the effectiveness varies depending on the severity of the scar that you had. This is the most commonly used type of scar treatment being used as it is found to be effective but is not as expensive as undergoing surgeries. This however might take a long time before you will see the effects. Patience is very much needed in choosing this type of treatment.
- Natural way – this is commonly used by people who are not open to ideas of putting something on their skin that contains chemicals. There are several types of fruits and vegetables that are commonly used in treating the scars.
- Skin Peeling – this process is being done with the use of chemicals known to peel off the scarred skin giving birth to new ones; another type of this is with the use of fruit acids known to have the same effect.
- Grafting of the skin – this is being done by taking a portion of your skin which will be used in place of the scarred portion, this may however take a longer time for the healing process to take place and might give you additional scars as this is being done through a surgery.
- Skin Removal Gel – application of this is the same as when using a cream, the only difference is that this is in a form of gel and is said to be more potent that the cream type.
- Laser Surgery – this is being done using laser technology in order to remove the scars. This is known as one of the most expensive types of treatment available to people who don’t want to suffer having the scars on their skin.
- Derma roller – this type of cosmetic surgery is being done by removing a few layers of our skin using a technology being used to help smoothen our skin.
The above-mentioned methods are just a few of the existing treatments that we can use so that we can finally say goodbye to our scars. Always remember, choose wisely.